My dad gives good advice. Here are some examples:
- When you are car sick, look out the front window.
- When you are sea sick, look at the horizon.
- When you are trying to put a machine together, don’t start forcing things and assuming it’s the machine’s fault for not fitting because really it is probably your fault.
- Try not to wreck your knees.
- When you are learning to drive a stick shift, put the clutch in before shifting gears (and see previous advice about not forcing things).
- Remember your tent poles when backpacking.
- Do not use soap on your cast iron pans.
- Staying up all night to read a new Harry Potter the day it comes out in hardcover is a wonderful activity for people of all ages.
- When considering the feasibility of absurdly large purchases, break the cost down into the number of burritos per week you would have to give up in order to afford it.